San Rafael, CA (04/05/17) – WindChime of Marin recently made a visit to “I Made It” Glass Creations in San Rafael for an afternoon artistic adventure making fused glass art.
With owner, Lynn Rovelstad and her assistant Bridget leading the way our team of budding artists explored their creative sides and made some beautiful pieces while having a lot of fun in the process!
What is fused glass art, you ask? Well here’s how it works:
1. Visitors first pick their project from one of the many samples on display.
2. Next, they choose their glass foundation on which to build their creation.
3. Then they pick their decorative, colored glass, and,
4. Glue the colored glass to their glass foundation.
5. The staff will then place the glass art in a kiln and take it to nearly 1500 degrees where it melts together. (Here’s where the magic happens!)
6. Then we come back a few days later and pick up our glass art.
7. Say “Yes, Thank you… I Made It!”
The Vibrant Life® Program at WindChime of Marin is an activity and wellness based program that helps our residents interact with their family and friends and participate in meaningful endeavors. #BEADVENTUROUS! For more information on WindChime of Marin, call (415)482-4100.